Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Season 5 Episode 57: Took

McNutty with that freakin coal miner light on his head had to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while on the show. That entire scene had me cracking up. From Templeton's worrisome, "that was him...again" to Lestor's comment about the Bawlmor accent, just classic stuff all around. Watching the resulting police action in the harbor just added to the humor. Cops tackling innocent civilians (do they even really exist? innocent civilians?) on the pier was just amazing. All it takes is the perception that you might have been involved and the cops have every reason to kick your ass.

Omar is on the war path and for a second I thought he had broken even and took out Vinson. Unfortunately it was just some stash house soldier Manny. And we also now see that it's not even about the stash. Omar flushed it. He is all about taking down Marlo. Usually, I would be happy about this but something just doesn't seem right with the method by which he is running right now. First, he usually runs with at least one crew memeber (where is Ronaldo?), and secondly hes a gimp. He can't maneuver like the rest. Third, him killing Sevino was very unlike Omar. I was shocked when he did it. His emotions are getting the better of him. I just hope he takes down a few more before he goes down. Let's face it folks, guys like Omar do not last in the streets. And if The Wire is anything, it's unremorseful in showing you that.

What the fuck are those damn clock images about? I have absolutely no clue and no theory on it even. But I do know that if anyone is going to crack it, it's Lestor. Just give him time. What will probably happen is he will crack it and then Marlo will get killed or busted before he can take him down himself. Kinda like McNutty with Stringer: he had em, but Mazone and Omar got to him first.

You will notice that I rarely, if ever, talk about the newsroom peeps. That's because besides Gus I really could care less. I guess I see how it all ties in (obviously) but I just so despise the Templeton character and the M.E.'s that it's hard to really invest and time into them. Thanks the Lord Jesus for Gus, cause at least he makes those scene bearable. (sorry folks but spellcheck isnt working today and I know I can't spell for shit).

"What the fuck just happened?" DA Bond.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet happens Mr. Bond. I feel very white today.

The closing scene this week was very poignant. I thought it would actually make a good closing scene for the entire series with Kima saying goodnight to all the different players in the game. A little campy, but very effective.

Note: As much as Jaded hated to admit it...I watched the next episode on Monday. I am sorry and therefor will not offer any predictions since, well, I already know what happens. Ill say this: Best. Episode. Of. Season. Flat out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have too many questions that i don't even know where to begin. and now that i know this upcoming episode is best so far, I can't stand that it's only Tuesday at the moment. frustrated. Will Bunk snap on McNulty?, Omar's limp changes from not so bad to super gimp everytime we see him, i don't think anyone will figure out the clock pics until we get some more clues, Dukie dancing cracked me up, i thought Omar might smooch Michael, haha. Lester won't crack but looks like McNulty is telling Kima about what's going on and there just too many people in that pot. Something's going to spill. Good night PoPo, Good night hoppers.

Anonymous said...

Well about f'ing time you updated the blog. Errr, did I just say that? I guess 'So...Yeah' needs one too.
Anyway this isn't about me it's about the Wire, you and the blog! Again, about time you updated. All I can comment on is the clock and the code. I know that every arm on the clock is part of the code down to the seconds. Of course that is obvious but I am talking about the fact that all three arms are pointing to the time and address of the meet. Shit I am dumb founded. About as stumped as you would be if you didn't have access to On-Demand. Traitor!