Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Season 5 Episode 56: The Dickensian Aspect

How in the fuck did Omar survive what seemed to be a six story fall? How in the fuck did Omar manage to hide for days in the utility room of the very building that was being hounded by both Po 9 and the Stanfield Scums? I guess it's the same as a serial killer storyline: a strecth. Something we are not used to on our show. But it is TV and I suppose the writers are allowed their creative leniency. Plus, doesn't it just add to the overall Omar mystique?

I'll admit that I loved watching Chris loose his mind looking for Omar. Chris was always so evenkeel, and that is what always bothered me about him. He seems to totally lack emotion (as do most of Marlo's peeps) unless he's beating the face in of a child molesting step dad. A couple of you think that beating might be the downfall of Chris and crew. How could he have NOT left any DNA? And we know from the end of season 4 that Lestor and crew took both Chris AND Snoop's blood. I never count out Smooth Lestor--perhaps the finest detective Bawlmor has to offer on the show.

I'll tell you who else I really love this season: Carcetti. From making his calls for money to his reaction when Norman tells him about the latest "phone call" to the press, Carcetti seems like the real deal as a politician. I am digging how they are opening up his character this year.

As for McNutty and his continually ridiculous escapades, I can only hope there is an end in sight here. Either way he is screwed. If they end up getting Marlo he wont get credit and there is no way he is going to catch a killer that doesn't exist. So now it's only Lestor and Sydnor that are in on it and The Bunk just might loose his mind during all of it.

When Marlo tells the coop about Joe, we see how Fat Face and others don't really buy it. This is later confirmed when Omar gets to him and laughs at the notion. Is the Coop going to take down Marlo? I don't think so, because unfortunately, Marlo is now the direct connect. Doesn't that just piss you off? Omar is running around the city calling out Marlo anywhere he can, but Marlo is no where to be found this episode. Personally, I think Omar is getting a little sloppy in his ways. I fear for him for the first time.

Oh Randy. How sad was it to see what the system has done to once-sweet Randy? Man, that was heartbreaking to watch as he hardened up on Bunk. I just keep thinking back to last season's incredibly emotional scene with Carver walking away as he asked him if he was going to look out for him. Turns out no one looked out for him and now we have yet another angry, young, black man. Everyone failed Randy.

No Shows: Marlo, Chris, Snoop, (last but not least) Namond, Bunny, and Prezbo.

I will be honest, I cannot offer any predictions since I am writing this post far after I have already watched the next two episodes. So I will not divulge what I already know.

No comments: